Author Topic: SE 19.0.2.5 Linux X64: GitClass.e compilation error  (Read 2168 times)

Marcel

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 26
SE 19.0.2.5 Linux X64: GitClass.e compilation error
« on: June 24, 2015, 02:34:55 PM »
I am trying to track down a GIT path issue and wanted to make some changes to GitClass.e to better debug the problem.  However, the GitClass.e shipped with 19.0.2.5 doesn't compile [Line 1095, see attachment]. Do I have a bad build?

Btw: My problem is a file diff operation that passes a bad (truncated) path down to GIT [GitClass.getFile()].

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 153
Re: SE 19.0.2.5 Linux X64: GitClass.e compilation error
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 02:49:48 PM »
Hm, this compiles for me.  Please PM me an email address and I'll send you a new file.

Thanks,

Dan

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 03:32:32 PM »
:= is a Slick-C's local variable declaration with initialization and type inference.  Change that to line to use = (simple assignment) and it will compile.

Marcel

• Hero Points: 26
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 04:38:01 PM »
Thanks Dan, Dennis.
I am a bit in a hurry and ended up hacking GitClass:getFile() so that it would generate the correct git path for a file so that I can do diffs against the latest head revision:

Code: [Select]
     // cmdLine := maybe_quote_filename(exeStr)" --no-pager show "versionStr':'maybe_quote_filename('./'_strip_filename(gitFilename,'P'));
      cmdLine := maybe_quote_filename(exeStr)" --no-pager show "versionStr':'maybe_quote_filename(gitFilename);

This probably going to break something else but it works for what I need to do. I need to to a bit more research before I can file a defect. It is such a drastic failure that I should have seen it earlier, so it may have something to do with the ancient git 1.7.1 version in my distro.