Author Topic: cannot remove include directory from project properties  (Read 1405 times)

davehohl

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 25
cannot remove include directory from project properties
« on: August 26, 2015, 04:59:26 pm »
My Project Properties > Directories > Includes settings contains a directory that no longer exists. Try as I might, I cannot get SE to forget it. SE will not allow me to delete it from the Project Properties dialog box. I checked the .vpj file and it is not in there. I deleted and rebuilt the tag file, and that did not help. I even tried recreating the missing directory to see if SE would let me remove it then, but no go.

Any ideas how to fix this?

SE Info:
SlickEdit Pro 2014 (v19.0.2.5 64-bit)

Licensed number of users: Single user
License file: C:\ProgramData\slickedit\19\slickedit.lic

Build Date: April 10, 2015
Emulation: CUA

OS Version: 6.02.9200 
Memory: 23% Load, 5811MB/24455MB Physical, 5972MB/28039MB Page File, 433MB/134217727MB Virtual
Shell Information: C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /q
Screen Size: 1920 x 1080, 1536 x 864, 1920 x 1080

Project Type: Cpp
Language: .cpp (C/C++)
Encoding: Automatic

Installation Directory: C:\Program Files\SlickEdit Pro 19.0.2\ (non-removable drive,NTFS,338870MB free)
Configuration Directory: C:\Users\David\OneDrive for Business\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\19.0.2\ (non-removable drive,NTFS,338870MB free)
Migrated from: C:\Users\David\OneDrive for Business\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\19.0.1\
Spill File: C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\$slk.812 (non-removable drive,NTFS,338870MB free)

Hotfixes:
C:\Users\David\OneDrive for Business\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\19.0.2\hotfixes\hotfix_se1902_6_cumulative.zip (Revision: 6)

Tim Kemp

• Hero Points: 83
Re: cannot remove include directory from project properties
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 05:01:51 pm »
Can you just create a new project and delete the old one?

davehohl

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 05:05:00 pm »
Hi, Tim,

It is a pretty complicated project, so I'd rather not have to go through all the work of recreating it. I'd much rather be able to keep the current project and somehow have SE not remember the old directory.

--Dave

davehohl

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 05:09:00 pm »
I have attached a screen shot showing the obsolete directory and the delete icon being grayed out.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 300
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 06:48:49 pm »
The Include directories come from the .vpj and not any history or tag file data. Backup your .vpj file and manually edit the <Includes> sections making sure they all match. You could even empty them all. What you're trying to do here is prove you can change the include list. Once you can do that, my guess is you will have figure out the problem.

davehohl

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 04:11:45 pm »
I thought I had posted a reply to this last week, but apparently it never actually got posted. I did manually edit the .vpj file and removed all the include files. But the rogue directory still showed up in the project properties, even though all the others went away.

Interestingly enough, however, over the weekend I had to start SE with a new config because of an issue that occurred after upgrading to Windows 10 (see https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,11507.0.html). After doing that, I am no longer seeing the offending directory in the project properties.

So somehow, even though the directories are only supposed to come from the .vpj file, it appears that in some cases SE gets confused and obtains them from some other place.