Author Topic: Project files in SE not matching those on disk  (Read 5465 times)

andrewm568

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Project files in SE not matching those on disk
« on: September 23, 2015, 10:14:39 PM »
On moving to this beta I noticed I have files missing from my project - Project Refresh doesn't change anything. Going into Project Properties | Files, and manually re-adding the files in the directory I noticed as being wrong did correct the issue, but that shouldn't be necessary. Note that adding the Directory Tree didn't work
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:26:54 PM by andrewm568 »

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: Project files in SE not matching those on disk
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 01:11:05 PM »
Are the files added by wildcard or added by tree?  Are they missing just from Projects tool window or are they still listed in the Files tool window when using Project > Open Files from Project?

andrewm568

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 05:41:26 PM »
This was an existing project I've used in previous SE revs.

If I open the Add Directory Tree window, the wildcard checkbox is selected. Adding the tree will not add the missing files

The files are missing from the Project | Project Properties | Files panel and from the hierarchical project files explorer. If instead I select Project | Open Files from Project, then I _do_ see the files

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 06:33:25 PM »
Would it be possible for you to post your just your project file (.vpj) here?  And also, what files are not listed in the project tree?

andrewm568

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 06:59:53 PM »
The file is attached. I've not tried to reconcile all the missing files. I corrected only one directory ('components' - line #923) by explicitly selecting and adding the files to the project. A directory which does have missing files is 'models' on line #1068. this shows 11 files, and there are actually 22 on disk.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:47:43 PM by andrewm568 »

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 07:41:14 PM »
Was the project previously all wildcards?  I see a wildcard in the project and also see files added via Add Tree.  Could you post a file listing of the 'models' directory, I see some listed and would like to know which ones are missing, or maybe ended up in another folder?   I see another models folder, but along a different source path.

andrewm568

• Community Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 08:01:02 PM »
I can't say for sure how the project evolved, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that it started with individual files and then changed to using Add Tree with wildcards once that functionality was discovered. But note that adding with wildcard is done through the Add Tree as far as  I can see - you make it seem like two different areas.

Also note that there will be multiple 'models' directories in the project. The files on disk for the one I referenced are:
AllocatedPort.php
Application.php
ApplicationStage.php
CbtRegistration.php
Connection.php
Datastore.php
DatastoreMetadata.php
Environment.php
File.php
Instance.php
Lookup.php
Note.php
Organization.php
PortPool.php
PortReservationForm.php
Resource.php
ResourceUsage.php
Server.php
Session.php
User.php
UserOTPForm.php
Vtmp.php

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 08:14:27 PM »
What platform is this Windows/Linux/Mac?   And are any of those files symlinked there?  We may need a simpler test case here.  Lets start with a new project starting in the same location of the old one and just using Add Tree add the one directory we know isn't showing up? First try adding them without using Add as wildcard and see if the files show up.  Then delete all of them and then try Add Tree with Add as wildcard and compare the results.

andrewm568

• Community Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 10:13:57 PM »
This is 64-bit Window 7 Pro. There are no symlinked files. And the project works fine in v19. I'll have to do the other tests you asked for later.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 01:40:19 PM »
No need for you to run the additional tests, I have enough information now to reproduce the issue.  The files are still there, just not listed in the same location on the project tree as in v19.  I will investigate and try to have this fixed for next Beta release.

andrewm568

• Community Member
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 09:48:06 PM »
This works OK in Beta 2 - thanks.