Author Topic: Protect read-only mode is always reset on upgrade  (Read 2823 times)

machish

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Protect read-only mode is always reset on upgrade
« on: October 05, 2015, 09:22:16 PM »
I always disable 'Protect read-only mode' because I want to start typing, and worry about checking out a file later.
It always seems to be reset when I upgrade to a newer build (major or minor version).
Is there anything special about this setting that doesn't get migrated? Or have my observations been inaccurate?

Thanks,
-martin

Tim Kemp

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 92
Re: Protect read-only mode is always reset on upgrade
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 12:09:43 PM »
I had a number of settings that didn't get migrated at home. Here at work it seemed to work fine. The only real difference that I'm aware of is that my home computer is Windows 10 and at work it's Windows 7.

Also, I didn't notice any of the missing settings until I went from beta 1 to beta 2, so it may be a beta upgrade issue rather than a real one.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 12:12:50 PM by Tim Kemp »

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 36
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 12:54:30 PM »
I can reproduce the specific issue with "Protect read only mode."  Looking into it now.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 36
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 01:10:52 PM »
The "Protect read only mode" will be fixed for the next beta drop.  Due to the nature of the bug, you won't see the fix until you upgrade to v21.  Thanks for the bug report!