Author Topic: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly  (Read 4409 times)

tomlink

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly
« on: October 06, 2015, 12:36:32 AM »
I've had the same problem as another user reported that a blank dialog appears after launching the first time. The next time I run vs from a terminal, I get the license dialog, but when I click next the program terminates and the following is on the console:

process 27524: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/usr/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": No such file or directory
See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.
  D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
process 27524: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/usr/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": No such file or directory
See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.

If I cancel from the license dialog another message is displayed as a pop-up that is looking for /var/slickedit/20/slickedit.lic. If I copy my license file there, when I try to start vs I get the same message.

I am on RHEL 6.7 x64.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 01:13:43 AM »
Try copying the license file to the same directory as the binaries (bin directory).

tomlink

• New Community Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 01:07:00 PM »
I tried copying the license file but that did not change anything.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 01:14:59 PM »
Have you downloaded a license for the v20 Beta?  From what you are describing, sounds like you do not have the correct license for the product.

dhylands

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 01:13:03 AM »
I run into this error when I ssh -X into a machine and then run vc over the ssh connection.

I was able to make it work by doing:

cd /usr
sudo ln -s var /var

So make /usr/var be a symlink which points to /var and then slickedit launches fine.

This addresses the dbus issue. I downloaded the license file from my "Registered Products" page and installed the license file as part of running vsinst.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 01:16:07 AM by dhylands »