Author Topic: B2: Selective display bracketing  (Read 3285 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 210
  • Text
B2: Selective display bracketing
« on: October 08, 2015, 05:19:54 PM »
I noticed in Options->Appearance->General ... "Selective Display" there is now an option to enable lines.

Having bracketing is great, but it would be even better if it wasn't restricted to selective display. It should be a separate feature so that you can always display the bracketing lines for blocks / indents / etc.

elekven

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: B2: Selective display bracketing
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 07:56:18 PM »
Yes it would be a very nice feature.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 08:02:45 PM »
The current implementation is tied to the selective display nesting level information for efficiency.  There are other ways to do this, but this turned out to be the most performant implementation within the existing infrastructure.

Do you find that the selective display [-] bitmaps get in your way or are too much clutter?  I may be able to add an option to not show the [-] bitmaps when bracketing is turned on.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 528
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 08:47:04 PM »
I noticed in Options->Appearance->General ... "Selective Display" there is now an option to enable lines.

Having bracketing is great, but it would be even better if it wasn't restricted to selective display. It should be a separate feature so that you can always display the bracketing lines for blocks / indents / etc.

Dynamic code outlining has been on our our todo list for a while. We've been busy with other features and reengineering work. We haven't forgotten about it.