Author Topic: File tabs are in a separate window to the right of the document window  (Read 755 times)

Ian P

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
Hi,
I'm using SlickEdit Pro 2014 (v19.0.2.5 64-bit) both Windows and Linux versions, and this problem has just appeared in the Linux version. In both I have the file tabs docked at the top of the document window, and all was good until sometime last week when I noticed that the file tabs were for some reason no longer showing in the Linux one. Maybe I accidentally dragged them over and undocked them (would not be the first time) and then closed the window?

Anyway, the big problem is that I can't now get them back where they should be, docked at the top of the document window. I click View, Tool Windows, File Tabs, and they re-appear un-docked. I then right-click their top bar and select Dock, and they dock into a new full-height window that opens to the right of the document window. So I now have my SlickEdit screen split into two vertical halves with the document on the left and an empty window with the file tabs at the top on the right. :-\

Any idea how to get this back to normal?  ???

Ian

Tim Kemp

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 83
Re: File tabs are in a separate window to the right of the document window
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 10:35:23 am »
Have you tried Window->Reset window layout?

Ian P

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 04:23:26 pm »
I hadn't, but I just did and unfortunately it didn't help. After closing all the windows that I didn't want, re-enabling the file tabs and then docking it, it docked in a separate window in the right-half of the screen again. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Ian P

• Community Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 04:27:17 pm »
I just attached a screenshot to make it clear what I'm trying to describe.

Tim Kemp

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 83
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 04:52:13 pm »
I can get the same results by using zoom-window() command and then enabling the File Tabs Tool Window. To reverse what you are seeing, you might try hiding the File Tabs, then using zoom-window to go back to a multi-file view.

Ian P

• Community Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 05:46:25 pm »
Thanks - that worked great. Undocked and then closed the file tabs, then clicked Zoom Toggle in Window menu and they reappeared, this time properly docked at the top of the document window. Thank you.