Author Topic: B3 / Comment expansion not preserving Strip trailing spaces setting  (Read 3361 times)

b

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 26
Creating new C/C++ comment block:

/**

Will properly provide the expected end (| being my cursor)

/**|*/

Pressing <Enter> creates the block for entering the comment
/**
 * |
 */

Entering text and prematurely pressing the <Enter> will leave the previous line with a space on the end.  Slickedit also appears to show that the new lines are not new/modified and there is a trailing space.

/**
 * foo<space>
 * bar
 */

So, really, I guess there are two bugs, one that the trailing space isn't removed, but probably related to the other bug that SlickEdit isn't reflecting that the new lines are modified/new.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 151
Re: B3 / Comment expansion not preserving Strip trailing spaces setting
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 01:53:15 PM »
In your setup, is the red color the modified color, and the darker one the inserted line color?  The easiest way to get to those color settings is Document -> C++ Options -> View, and clink on the hyperlink next to the "Modified lines" option.

So far, I don't see this.  The comment wrap does put a space on the end of the foo when I hit enter, but the space is removed when I save as long as I have the strip trailing spaces options set like yours.

b

• Hero Points: 26
Re: B3 / Comment expansion not preserving Strip trailing spaces setting
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 03:40:02 PM »
I have the "Default" color codings for new and modified.   However, in my example/snapshot, two of those lines aren't flagged as either new (inserted -- dark red), or modified (light red).  it shows them as white (unmodified), when they were just entered as new lines of code.   I would expect the entire comment to be marked as new/inserted, not with any of the lines marked as unmodified.

I wasn't seeing it strip the space as I had expected.   I noticed this issue only when I was about to commit into my git repo as git loves to complain about these things.