Author Topic: Linux pasted text is selected  (Read 3951 times)

KeisukeIto

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Linux pasted text is selected
« on: October 24, 2015, 03:09:27 PM »
This is not a new problem in RC2. It's been this way since beta versions of SE 2015 (but, of course, SE 2014 doesn't do this).

When you paste a text in Linux (doesn't happen in Windows), the pasted text is highlighted/selected. I need to de-select the text before I can do anything useful. For example, if I want to copy one line and paste it 10 times, I paste it once, deselect the pasted text (by moving the cursor for instance), and repeat these steps 9 more times. I used to be able to just paste it 10 times and done.

I'm using the Brief emulation mode, which I'm not sure matters. Could you please fix this behavior?

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 530
Re: Linux pasted text is selected
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 04:32:22 PM »
This default has not been changed.

Set the macro variable "def_deselect_paste" to 1 (Macro>Set Macro Variable).

Not sure how you got into this state though. If you try a default config and switch into brief emulation ("vs -sc /tmp/newconfig"), you will find that paste does not leave the pasted text selected.

KeisukeIto

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 07:01:21 PM »
Thanks Clark. It did the trick.  :)

I'm not sure either how I got into this state. SE 2014 was working just fine. I installed a beta version of SE 2015 and saw this behavior change (only in Linux version, and not in Windows version)...

Mike M

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 08:53:31 PM »
As a side note, if you want to paste something 10 times, you can use the repeat-key function. I have it mapped to Ctrl F10, next to the default macro record and execute keys.

So, to paste something 10 times:
Hit Ctrl F10 (repeat-key), 1, 0, then Ctrl V (paste).