Author Topic: RC2: Large header file -> SE slow down -> Not responding  (Read 3905 times)

peran

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
RC2: Large header file -> SE slow down -> Not responding
« on: October 23, 2015, 10:25:02 PM »
Hi,

I am generating some large C data header files. If I drag from file explorer into SE for review everything slows down, until not responding. Its a plain ascii header file, but with many elements (uint8_t data[] = {d1, d2, .... many ...}). The file size is 4961Kb.

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 517
Re: RC2: Large header file -> SE slow down -> Not responding
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 01:18:00 AM »
Could you send one of them into support?

Also, there are some file size limit options you might want to investigate (search for "limit" or "maximum") in the Options panels.  Specifically, there is a limit for Context Tagging and Statement Tagging that might help.

You can also do a Document > Select Mode, and force the file into Plain Text mode, in case if the language support is causing the delays.  Hard to tell what the problem is without seeing the code.

peran

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 11:38:15 PM »
Selecting plain text mode removed the problem. However, I changed the formatting of the generated header data. Dragged the file into SE, and no more not responding. I have zipped the original format which created the problem and the new format which seems to work well. I'm sending them to support.

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 517
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 03:33:23 PM »
Thanks for the good test case.  I've reproduced the problem and it is fixed for next release candidate.