Author Topic: long delay when clicking on first line of class declaration  (Read 9921 times)

davehohl

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
Re: long delay when clicking on first line of class declaration
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2015, 09:48:35 PM »
Dennis,

I lowered the Max functions from 100 to 10, and that did significantly speed things up. The thing that still puzzles me, though, is why v19 does not have the problem. It showed the same huge list when I did ctrl+dot on the class keyword, but it did not have the delay issue.

Thanks,

Dave

Dennis

• Hero Points: 515
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 10:00:16 PM »
v20 tries harder.

Seriously, we added some code so that the mouse-over would extract comments for all the symbol matches, definitions and declarations, because people want to see the comments and are very inconsistent about where they like to put them.  Somebody asked for it.  Not much of a problem when you just have a declaration and a definition (or a few), but more trouble if you have a symbol with 1000 matches.  That's where the 1 second time limit comes into play.  That is also a tunable parameter, in the Context Tagging options, BTW.

davehohl

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2015, 10:38:57 PM »
Okay, I see now. Well, ignoring keywords should fix my problem then.

davehohl

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2015, 10:46:25 PM »
Checked this out with RC5. Even with "max functions" set to 1000, the cursor movement is now instantaneous. Thanks for fixing this!