Author Topic: "No more differences. Close now?" dialog in DIFFzilla  (Read 3487 times)

JeffB

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 14
"No more differences. Close now?" dialog in DIFFzilla
« on: October 27, 2015, 11:51:25 PM »
Is there an option to not get the:
"No more differences.  Close now?"
dialog in DIFFzilla when hitting "Next Diff"/"Prev Diff" button on the last/first diff? 

My mouse is basically 50 pixels from the "close" button, but when the dialog comes up, and I have to move all the way across the screen to either clicke "no" to close the dialog or "yes" to close the window.  I'd prefer that no dialog be shown and the next/prev buttons just do nothing at that point.

Jeff

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 153
Re: "No more differences. Close now?" dialog in DIFFzilla
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 12:52:18 PM »
I'm sorry, there isn't an option to do this.  I'll think about this one.

JeffB

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 01:54:50 PM »
Thanks, Dan.  This falls a little under another topic floating around which is for me, the dialog comes up split across my monitors, so when it does get displayed, it's half on my other monitor, which is a long ways from the buttons I was previously using (and for some reason, probably OCD, or maybe habit, I can't seem to click the buttons without first having to move the dialog to a single monitor).

Thanks,
Jeff

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 02:00:40 PM »
It's previous location should be restored.  Or do you mean the diff setup dialog?

Tim Kemp

• Hero Points: 92
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 02:19:44 PM »
This is in response to your first question. I don't know what operating system you are using, but if you are using Windows, you could enable the option to move your pointer to the default button of the popped up dialog:

I personally don't like that option because I don't like my mouse pointer jumping around on it's own, but it would allow you to just click once you got to the end of the file.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:45:29 PM by Tim Kemp »

JeffB

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 02:43:05 PM »
@Dan - I'm not sure I understand your question.  I'm referring to the "Close now" dialog only.  My preference would be for no dialog.  I can click the close button if I want to close the Diff window :)

@Tim - I'm on Linux, but I agree with you - I wouldn't like that setting either.  Thanks for the idea, though.

Jeff

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 02:54:39 PM »
Ah, makes sense now.  I'll consider adding an option for that.  Although even if there isn't the "Close now?" message box, there would still be a "No more differences" one, so I'm not sure it would make a difference from your perspective.

Tim Kemp

• Hero Points: 92
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 03:32:15 PM »
You could just indicate there were no more differences. Graying out "Next Diff" or "Prev Diff" would be sufficient. I don't see a reason for any dialog. For the record, I've always found the dialog annoying.

JeffB

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 03:34:18 PM »
Yeh...it's the dialog in general that I dislike.  It'd be nice if clicking next diff/prev diff on the first/last diff just did nothing (or grayed out as Tim suggested).  I rarely want to close the window anyway, and as I've stated before, if I did, the close button is much closer.