Author Topic: RC5: File setup not saved  (Read 9136 times)

jorick

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 17
RC5: File setup not saved
« on: November 06, 2015, 01:00:03 PM »
My computer crashed so when I started SE, none of the files I was working on appeared.  Instead, a bunch of files I was working on a week ago appeared.

Win 7 Pro, RC5

jorick

• Hero Points: 17
Re: RC5: File setup not saved
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 01:08:15 PM »
I just noticed that it opened a workspace I haven't worked on in at least a week.  When I opened my current workspace, a bunch of old files showed up that I haven't had open in a few days.

b

• Hero Points: 26
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 06:46:46 PM »
I've noticed that SlickEdit isn't necessarily kind in it's state info if it is abruptly terminated.

Since I'm usually running SlickEdit on a remote machine across an X session, I've gotten into the habit of exiting SlickEdit before the weekend just so that that state info is preserved.  Otherwise, if my X session goes away, Slickedit dies and the state info is lost (what workspace, project, files, etc.). 

tim_k

• Hero Points: 12
  • -Tim
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 09:02:00 PM »
I've been using SE forever and it's never handled this well. When things are unstable (VM crashing at a high frequency, for example), I make a point of quitting/restarting SE when I want to make sure settings changes stick. It seems only to save the settings and buffer states when it's quit normally. If it crashes, or you kill the process it goes back to whatever the last saved state was.

-Tim

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 526
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 12:40:57 AM »
There's a "save_config" command you can run instead of exiting and restarting.

I totally agree that this area of the product needs improvement!!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 01:11:56 AM by Clark »