Author Topic: dot directories not placed properly in tree view when in directory view mode  (Read 2480 times)

ehoffman

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
Anyone noticed this?  I have seen this since a while.

I have projects displayed in "directory view" mode (right-click project, select "Auto Filder->Directory View").  So, the tree view will display the files by directories instead of separating them by type.

I have some directories starting with a dot.  I expect them to be displayed as following:

Code: [Select]
+- project
  +- boot_dir
  +- appl_dir
    +- include_dir
    +- main_dir
      +- .output_dir
      +- file1.c
      +- file2.c
      +- Makefile
    +- uart_dir
      +- .output_dir
      +- file3.c
      +- file4.c
      +- Makefile

However, they are displayed like this:

Code: [Select]
+- project
  +- boot_dir
  +- appl_dir
    +- main_dir\.output_dir
    +- uart_dir\.output_dir
    +- include
    +- main_dir
      +- file1.c
      +- file2.c
      +- Makefile
    +- uart_dir
      +- file3.c
      +- file4.c
      +- Makefile

Notice the .output_dir directories in the tree view are placed at the very top one level above the proper level.

Using SlickEdit 19.0.1.1, but this has been like that for some time.  May be the same with latest SE, I have not tried.

Regards,
Eric

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Thanks for the report.  I can reproduce this and does appear to be incorrect behavior.  I will file a defect for this issue and investigate to see if it can be hotfixed or fixed in a followup release.

ehoffman

• Community Member
Just a follow-up, was this fixed?  :)

Regards,
Eric

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Yes, this is addressed in the latest hotfix for SlickEdit 2015 (v20.0.1.3) release.  See link here https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,6567.0.html for details.

ehoffman

• Community Member
Thank you Lee.  I was able to sort it out (existing project with the bad tree structure) by changing the project structure to custom and back to directory view.

Best regards,
Eric