Author Topic: Additional search windows not remembered when SE is restarted  (Read 1581 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 127
Additional search windows not remembered when SE is restarted
« on: December 21, 2015, 03:23:53 pm »
Hi:

Using 20.0.0.12 on Windows - I like to use multiple search output tabs with "find" and "list all occurrences". I would prefer to have about 5 of them and my setting of "auto increment" to be remembered across invocations of SE. However when I close SE with 5 search tabs, and then reopen SE, only 2 search tabs are there.

To reproduce:

1) Start SE with a fresh configuration, vs -sc d:/robb/vs_blank
2) Open a small text file
3) Ctrl-F, click "list all occurrences", in "search results window" dropdown at bottom, choose "new"
4) Repeat step 3 at least 4 more times with "new", so that there are at least 5 search results tabs
5) Change the "search results window" to "auto-increment", now do a few more searches and observe the auto-increment working
6) Now restart SE, close the application and restart it
7) Observe that instead of having the at least 5 search windows, there are only 2

I think in the past I have seen the "auto-increment" not remembered after a restart, but I could not reproduce that with this simple test.

Thanks for taking a look!

Rob

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: Additional search windows not remembered when SE is restarted
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 03:34:19 pm »
There is a new option for setting the starting number of Search result tabs under Tools > Options > Editing > Search > Additional options > Search Results Buffers.   Search Results tool window did save and restore that in previous versions, but that is no longer the case.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 203
  • Text
Re: Additional search windows not remembered when SE is restarted
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 10:34:18 pm »

The # of tabs can also be set by right-clicking on a tab and selecting "Set tabs".

Slick doesn't save this setting either.

The "set tabs" dialog could have a checkbox to save the setting - avoiding a lot of confusion.

The search tabs ought to have an "X" to close (or hide?) them.
There could also be a special tab, "+" to create a new search results tab.