Author Topic: Include file before parsing  (Read 6990 times)

gosuperninja

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Include file before parsing
« on: January 06, 2016, 06:54:55 PM »
I'm evaluating Slickedit for more team. We're dealing with large legacy code base with an accompanying proprietary build system. The goal is to use benefit from Slickedit navigation tools. It seems to do pretty well, but I haven't found a way for the Slickedit C parser to be provided an implicit header file when it parses a c file. I'm looking for something akin to gcc's -include argument. How do I set slickedit to include a header file so the defines and macros will be correct?

mjdl

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 18
  • SE Pro 2023 v28.0.1.0 64-bit Qt5 Win 11 23H2
Re: Include file before parsing
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 07:53:20 PM »
Look in the Options-->Languages-->"Application Languages"-->"C/C++"-->"Compiler Properties" tab sheet, there's a "Header File (optional)" file selector.
The optional header file can "#include" other files and should include all the default implicit macro defines of the compiler and build system in use, see the Bourne shell script "generate-g++-header.sh" in the plugins/com_slickedit.base/sysconfig/vsparser folder of the Slickedit installation to see how to dump those with the GNU compilers. (See "C/C++ Compiler Settings" in the Slickedit help for more on this.)