Author Topic: v20.0.1.3 - Current Context Toolbar Crashes if Source Window is Floating.  (Read 2807 times)

rdauben

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
SlickEdit Pro 2015 (v20.0.1.3 64-bit)

I upgraded from 19.0.2.

If my C source file is docked to the Main Document Group, then the Current Context toolbar works correctly.  That is, its drop-down list correctly shows all my C functions, etc.

But if my C source file is floating, then if I click on the Current Context drop-down arrow, I get a Slick-C Error with "Invalid object handle, file=context.ex offset=1373".

Another window also pops up showing the Slick-C Stack with:
"Invalid object handle
context.ex 1373 _tbcontext_combo_etab.on_drop_down(2)   p_window_id: 287   p_object: OI_COMBO_BOX   p_name: _tbcontext_combo_etab"

After this the Current Context toolbar list is either empty, or it has one or two function names from the last file it was updated on.

Is this a known bug?

Is there a fix?

Thanks.
Ron

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Thanks for the report.  I am able to reproduce this issue, I am working on a fix and it will be addressed in the next updated hotfix.

rdauben

• Community Member
Thanks, Lee.
Do you have an estimated delivery date for the hotfix?

rdauben

• Community Member
Re: v20.0.1.3 - Current Context Toolbar Crashes if Source Window is Floating.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 02:09:02 pm »
I installed hotfix_se2001_2_cumulative.zip and I still have the same problem.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 02:52:42 pm »
Apologies.  The fixed module failed to ship in the hotfix package, though the fix did listed get in the hotfix manifest.  I am correcting that mistake for the next hotfix revision.  I am posting the fixed module (context.e) here as well, which you can download and load using Macro > Load Module....

rdauben

• Community Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 03:11:53 pm »
I installed the updated context.e. It fixes the crash, but now it clears the drop-list.

The Current Context window shows the function name where my cursor is positioned. But when I click on the drop-list arrow, the Current Context window gets cleared and the drop-list is empty.

(This is only an issue if the source window is floating.)

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 03:28:44 pm »
I was only able to address the crash issue.   There is still the underlying issue with how Current Context handles the focus switching between the floating and main MDI windows.   It is inconvenient for certain,  I would have to take a look to see if there is a workaround that could be done here.  Eventually, we will allow for toolbars like the Current Context to be dockable into floating documents in a future release, but we not are quite there yet.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:32:40 pm by Lee »

rdauben

• Community Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 03:35:18 pm »
Well, that sure is disappointing!  Especially since it worked in 19.0.2.  Did this feature change so much since then?

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 03:45:16 pm »
Current Context feature didn't change itself, just the document management system underneath everything did.  This did behave nicely in v19 under the old architecture, and kind of got lost in translation with v20.  I am investigating to see if we can workaround this.  Thank you for bringing to our attention and apologies for downgrading the feature somewhat.

rdauben

• Community Member
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 03:49:17 pm »
Thanks for the explanation.

If it helps, I have discovered a nice work-around!  If I also float the Current Context window, then everything works correctly.  It seems the problem is when the Current Context window is docked to the main window while the source file is floating.

Hope this helps.