Author Topic: "Smart Open" dialog, column order, (v20.0.0.12 64-bit)  (Read 1198 times)

JimmieC

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 16
"Smart Open" dialog, column order, (v20.0.0.12 64-bit)
« on: January 21, 2016, 03:37:43 pm »
I am using the "Smart Open" dialog sorted by date, descending. I would like to move the date column next to the name column. That is:

NAME | DATE | PATH

This is really a new feature request so perhaps it should be under the "Improvements\Suggestions" area of the forum. If so, please move it there, or if needed I can re-post there.

Jim

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 417
Re: "Smart Open" dialog, column order, (v20.0.0.12 64-bit)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 10:52:47 pm »
Fine to make a topic for a feature request. Eventually we need a forum with categorized feature request topics. This will be a ton of work and we're buried in other work at the moment. It's on the todo list 

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 182
  • Text
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 08:01:00 pm »
Open a JIRA instance to registered users.

We could use it to report bugs and features.
It allows searching for existing bugs/feature requests to avoid lots of duplicates.

(Or bugzilla, or .... I'm sure everyone has their favorite open source issue tracking system).

I'd imagine even that could suck up a lot of someones time, but introduced and controlled with care it shouldn't be too bad. Probably easier that tracking issues from here.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 417
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 08:07:38 pm »
Internally we use bugzilla. No plans to expose it to users though.

This forum is fine for doing what we need. The work is in the initial setup and reorg of current posts.