Author Topic: Slickedit and PVCS  (Read 4990 times)

RoninTech

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Slickedit and PVCS
« on: April 02, 2007, 02:10:21 pm »
Hi,

I'm trying to integrate Slickedit and the Serena PVCS Changeman Version Manager via their SCC interface.  I have most things working.  The one big issue is that the lock button is greyed out and the unlock isn't.  If I try an unlock it fails saying the file isn't locked by me (which it isn't) as I would expect.  If anyone is successfully using slickedit and pvcs out there I'd love to here how you set it up.

Cheers

marcrobertson

• Junior Community Member
Re: Slickedit and PVCS
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 07:09:21 pm »
Hello,
I'm trying to do the same thing, and can' even get started!  When I go to Tools|Version Control|Setup, the checkbox for SCC providers is grayed out.  I haven't been able to find anything in the help to tell me what configuration change to make, assuming thats the problem.

Any suggestions?

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 141
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 05:42:30 pm »
Usually this means that the server side of the SCC interface is not installed properly.

To check this, open the registry editor and check the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SourceCodeControlProvider\InstalledSCCProviders.  If there are no subkeys, it is not installed [properly].

If it is, check where this key refers to, and be sure the file path given there is valid.

Hope this helps,

Dan

marcrobertson

• Junior Community Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 06:07:06 pm »
Dan,
Thanks, that got me started.