Author Topic: Categories  (Read 4386 times)

xaver

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Categories
« on: February 13, 2016, 12:49:22 PM »
I'm new to the forum and interested in programming Macros. When I entered the forum it was just hopeless to find reasonable information. It would make a lot of sense to introduce categories, so whenever somebody is interested in a specific category, he does not need to filter out heaps of messages. Put it this way, when I'm interested in the file system issues, I don't want to go through all the GUI issues as well. Maybe somebody already has mentioned this problem before, but since there are no categories and I had to go through thousands of other messages, I am not aware of this.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: Categories
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 10:01:48 PM »
Did you know that in the forum search dialog you can select a specific "board" to search in?  At the bottom of the search dialog, un-check "check all" then click on "choose a board to search in".

You can use google like this
"site:community.slickedit.com UTF-8"
or this
https://www.google.com/advanced_search

If you have any questions about macro programming I suggest you post them here freely if it helps (people can choose if they answer or not) though you'll probably learn things by searching too.  In the "docs" folder in the slickedit installation folder there is "SlickCMacroBestPractices.pdf" which is worth reading.  Slickedit comes with a debugger for debugging slick c code but I mostly use the "say" command.

xaver

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Categories
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 12:54:48 AM »
Yes I know but you can only choose the top topics. No way to drill down. And with searches you only get what you are searching for, but that might not be the real hint. What I mean is, that you already need to know the right terms, otherwise you're lost. And to flood the forum with further questions, eventhough the answer was already posted somewhere is no improvement.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 12:58:46 AM by xaver »