Author Topic: I want to Reduce the tab size  (Read 4557 times)

kevert

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
I want to Reduce the tab size
« on: March 07, 2007, 06:09:21 am »
Hello, EveryBody:
I am a new user of SlickEdit, I have some problem to ask, hope somebody can help me.
As Attach follow:
Can somebody have good ideas?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 06:28:43 am by kevert »

Tim Kemp

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 83
Re: I want to Reduce the tab size
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 01:59:20 pm »
Here are a couple ideas that will save you some space with almost no work.
  • Change the tool button size and spacing to small and the spacing to 0 (select View->Toolbars->Customize and go to the "options" tab)
  • Turn on auto-hide for the docked toolbars at the bottom (click on the push-pin icon)

- Tim

jbhurst

• Hero Points: 33
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 07:18:06 pm »
Hi,

Remove the toolbar. Every software product has to have a toolbar for marketing. But seriously, does anybody use it with SlickEdit? :-)

Trouble is, you have to remove the current context tool window too. I personally don't find that very useful, so I get rid of it.

With those gone and the other tool windows autohidden, I have 68 lines of the edit window visible on screen when SlickEdit is maximized (using a 10pt font).

Regards

John Hurst
Wellington, New Zealand

kevert

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 01:35:32 am »
Thanks timkemp and jbhurst,you are so kind for me.
I have used open-form _tbbufftabs_form to reduce the File Tabs size,but it looks a little useful.
After I remove  the  toolbar icons, I get more size of code window, But I have no idea to reduce the size of the button toolbars size.
Now I think it takes up more size, but I don't want to hide them, because them have some use and I always use them.

I am so lazy that I don't want to  move the mouse too many times :)
So I want the get as many as possible of the useful window.

The attach is the figure of my window.

Ding Zhaojie

• Hero Points: 36
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 04:29:18 pm »
Type the command: toolbars
Then choose options, set the toolbar to small icon size and 0 vertical spacing for more space.

But I think your main problem is your XGA screen resolution. It is really too narrow for modern editors so you need a new monitor with higher resolution(at least SXGA). Or get a extra monitor for dual display to place your symbol window or something else on it, and let your main monitor shows the edit area only.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 04:32:52 pm by Ding Zhaojie »

Tim Kemp

• Hero Points: 83
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 06:09:45 pm »
Another way to see more text on the screen is to use a smaller font size.  I use Terminal 6pt myself, but there are several other nice small fonts available.

I thought there was a discussion of editor fonts on this message board, but I couldn't find it.  Try Google, http://www.google.com/search?q=small+monospace+fonts.

- Tim