Author Topic: v20.0.1.3/Win64:Finishing background tagging jobs lockup  (Read 280 times)

davew

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 5
v20.0.1.3/Win64:Finishing background tagging jobs lockup
« on: February 25, 2016, 06:39:01 pm »
Since applying hotfix_se2001_2_cumulative.zip, I have been getting a window that pops up when issuing Ctrl-/ even though the tagging had already previously completed. Usually the popup is empty and just sits there - locked up. Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F2 doesn't recover. The program says "Not responding" and I have to force close it.

Another time, though, It actually started to do something, got to 3%, and then at there, but I was able to cancel. The next time I tried on the same symbol, it had a blank popup again and locked up again.

One thing to note: I have two projects in my workspace and it seems to be happening when I try to find a symbol in the non-active project. This was previously working.

Note: I blew away my two projects and recreated them. It appears to be working OK now, but this is the second time I've done this since I installed the hotfix yesterday, so something is up with tagging. It seems that the tagging may be getting hung up on one of the projects and never completing.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:03:49 pm by davew »