Author Topic: Can't dock or move floating tool windows after minimizing and restoring  (Read 1374 times)

pmsteinm

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
'm running SlickEdit Pro 2015 (v20.0.1.3 64-bit) with hotfix_se2001_5_cumulative.zip on:
  OS Version: SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64)
  Kernel Level: 3.0.101-0.47.55-default
  Build Version: #1 SMP Thu May 28 08:25:11 UTC 2015 (dc083ee)
  Processor Architecture: x86_64

For a couple of years now I've run SE with the build, output and search results windows groups together in a floating window. I've been running 20.0.1.3 since it was released and used hotfix 2 prior to hotfix 5. I've recently noticed that when I minimize the SE window the floating window (with build, output, search) also minimizes. I don't remember if that was always the case but that doesn't really bother me either way. What does bother me is that within the last week I've found that after I restore SE I can no longer move or resize the floating tool window. I can use a keyboard shortcut through my window manager to move the floating window but in that case I can't dock it. We use NoMachine to run Linux. I have been using FVWM as my window manager. Neither has changed recently. What has changed is:
  1) I created a new NoMachine session that is 5760x1200 (before it was 3840x1200).
  2) When I opened SE in this new session the window positions were reset (this makes sense because the X11 screen size changed). I moved them to where I want them.
  3) I applied hotfix 5.
  4) I noticed the problem described above (it may have been around for months and I just noticed, or it occurred because of the steps above. I first noticed when I started playing around with the location of the floating window to take advantage of the large X11 screen size.

I can "fix" this problem by closing and restarting SE. My windows are restored to the correct locations and I can resize/dock with no issue. If I minimize VS the issue reappears. I assume some weird flag or something is getting set on the tool window when this happens. If you don't have an idea how to prevent this problem perhaps there is a command to run or trick to play to restore the resize/move behavior?

pmsteinm

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
I had someone else try this in their GNOME session and it has the same problem.