Author Topic: patch 11.0.1 OSX and Auto Complete  (Read 7551 times)

madmuggle

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
patch 11.0.1 OSX and Auto Complete
« on: July 14, 2006, 10:30:11 PM »
Anyone else having trouble with patch 11.0.1 and OSX?  I had to roll back to 11.0.0 because my auto complete window starts to shrink every time it pops up until finally it is a 1 pixel thing gray line... and then after that it is the right size but blank.

Occasionally it will work, but basically it becomes totally useless.

First time in the last 6 years that I have ever had any trouble from a slickedit patch. :(  Oh well, guess it had to happen sometime.

To SE devs, you guys do great work but I think a few probs snuck through on this patch. ;)

madmuggle

• Community Member
Re: patch 11.0.1 OSX and Auto Complete
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 08:41:59 PM »

Couldn't take it anymore had to rollback to 11. :(  First time I've ever had to do that with SE.

grubba

• Junior Community Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 04:53:59 AM »
I see the same thing. Auto-complete is pretty much useless as is. Makes the entire thing to freeze for 5 seconds every time you type an '=' or '(' just to show some "gray box" with nothing in it. This is the "only" SE I have. Nothing to "roll back" to.

Mike

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 21
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 02:47:40 PM »
Can I presume, Grubba, that you have a dual-monitor setup?

I have seen this problem resolved on a dual-monitor configuration, by adding a line to the vslick.ini (in your configuration directory) that corresponds to the resolution of the monitors.
(Primary and secondary, respectively; in this example both were 1600x1200)

The line to be added to your vslick.ini would be similar to the following, using *your* particular primary and secondary monitor's resolution settings:

VSLICK=-summ "1600 1200, 1600 1200"

I hope this helps!
Mike

grubba

• Junior Community Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 04:28:23 PM »
Indeed! It's a quad monitor setup. It took a bit of fiddling around but it now works.
Thanks!

g

Lisa

• Hero Points: 24
  • User-friendly geek-speak translator extraordinaire
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 04:30:24 PM »
FYI, -summ is documented in the Help under Appendix > Invocation Options.

- Lisa

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 02:33:40 PM »
To address the delay you see when you type "=", this is because you have "Auto-list compatible values" turned on.  See Tools > Options > File Extension Setup > Tagging.

This feature is on by default, but it is an expensive feature, and not recommended for extremely large code bases, since it is attempting to analyze the variables which are visible in your current scope and find ones that are (at least approximately) assignment compatible with the expression on the left hand side of the "=".