Author Topic: "Set Multiple Cursors" doesn't work with "List all occurrences"?  (Read 1445 times)

rgloden

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 5
SE 20.0.1.3 64-bit Windows 7 No Hot Fixes

1) Find with "Set Multiple Cursors" doesn't seem to work if "List all occurrences" is also selected?  Maybe this is by design but it seemed a little unexpected.

2) Documentation in the section "Adding a Cursor or Selection":  "When you use Ctrl-LButtonDown and drag" seems it should instead be referring to "Shift-RButtonDown and drag" ... and least that is how I'm interpreting the paragraph.  Or maybe I'm confused about the definition of columns.

3) When I try to bind the Cntrl-| key to add_multiple_cursors, SE instead indicates that I'm binding "Cntrl-Shift-\". (Looks like V14 has same issue.)  "Shift-|" appears correct.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 08:33:24 pm by rgloden »

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 432
Re: "Set Multiple Cursors" doesn't work with "List all occurrences"?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 09:49:36 pm »
1) seems like list all occurrences should support that.
2) Does Ctrl+LButtonDown not add a cursor for you?  Dragging should add a selection.  There's also shift+RButtonDown for creating multiple cursors/selections in one shot based on the number of lines in the selection.
3) expected behavior. Can be confusing though.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 432
Re: "Set Multiple Cursors" doesn't work with "List all occurrences"?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 01:15:49 pm »
The current plan is to build 20.0.2 installers with all the current hot fixes and other fixes rolled in. This new build will allow "List all occurrences" to be checked in combination with "Set multiple cursors".

For now, you don't need to check "List all occurrences" when "Set multiple cursors" is checked because it does all occurrences anyway. This is not obvious though.

Thanks for your comments