Author Topic: How do I set tab spacing?  (Read 8706 times)

ealbers

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: -7
How do I set tab spacing?
« on: April 07, 2016, 12:46:19 PM »
I'm trying to find the option to set the tab size universally to use spaces and be set to 2.

Where can I find this option, the Options dialog has so many menus, I cannot find it, and if I put tab into the search, it shows over 100 lines of stuff.

Where do you set universally the tab size?

I know this is a complicated 'feature' to request, but being able to FIND THE SETTING would be nice.  Perhaps a Simple Options options page??

Tim Kemp

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 92
Re: How do I set tab spacing?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 12:50:04 PM »
Try Tools->Options->Languages->All Languages->Formatting

ealbers

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: -7
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 12:53:34 PM »
Nope, no tab spacing there.
All-languages/formatting has no tabbing info at all, lots of checkboxes for automagically fixing problems I don't have though.

Just need, when I press tab, for the cursor to move 2 spaces, just 2 spaces...I know this editor must have that ability....I mean, it can walk my dog for me, it should be able to simply set the tab spacing???

Oddly, under Indent, undr ALL languages, it has a TABS textbox, I put 2 in there, and that doesn't work.

Tim Kemp

• Hero Points: 92
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 01:21:14 PM »
I just tried it and you are right. It looks like changing the tab size in All Languages no long really changes it for all languages. It does change it for all languages that don't have a beautifier. I guess when they added the extra configuration for beautifying they didn't patch that up. Until they do fix it, setting it for All Languages and then the specific other languages you care about is as good as it's going to get.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 151
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 02:22:50 PM »
@Tim   That's a bug, I can get that in a hotfixed v20.0.1.  It looks like it works if you go to Tools -> Quick Start Configuration, and set the tabs for all languages there.

@ealbers - No Tabs text box under All Languages -> Formatting?  What version are you on?