Author Topic: JBuilder support  (Read 3514 times)

fmedlin

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
JBuilder support
« on: March 27, 2007, 01:48:52 pm »
Anyone trying to compile a JBuilder project get a dialog from SE2007/Windows complaining that:
JBuilder installation not found. Please make sure JBuilder SE or Enterprise is installed on this computer.
I'd like to get around this and use SE to build my projects. I have JBuilder 2006 installed.

Thanks!

fmedlin

• Community Member
Re: JBuilder support
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 07:23:55 pm »
I can also successfully run the jbuilder cli command from cmdtool, mimicing what's in the Project Properties/Build definition.  :(

fmedlin

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 08:04:46 pm »
I assumed I could define a new Tool and just provide a command line like say, 'dir', in order to experiment with environment and path separators, etc. No such luck; same error.

How does SE determine if JBuilder is installed?

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 124
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 09:15:36 pm »
Looking into the compile.e macro file, findLatestJBuilderInstall() looks in the Windows registry for the latest version of JBuilder installed.  It appears to be looking specifically for version 7.0 or 8.0.  Where do you have JBuilder installed? And can you check the registry to see if it matches the location in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Borland\\JBuilder.  That would be a start.

fmedlin

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 01:39:34 pm »
Sweet. I just appended this to the end of the checks in findLatestJBuilderInstall(), reloaded compile.e and it works great. Thanks!

Code: [Select]
    // check for jbuilder 2006 developer
    if (jbuilderDir == "") {
        jbuilderDir = _ntRegQueryValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, "Software\\Borland\\JBuilder\\2006\\Developer", "", "PathName");
   }

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 124
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 01:43:41 pm »
I'm glad thats all it was,  I'll make sure that gets updated in future releases.