Author Topic: bug - adding wildcard folder to project but files ignored  (Read 2708 times)

IkerAriz

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 6
bug - adding wildcard folder to project but files ignored
« on: August 08, 2016, 07:47:49 PM »
Hello,

The v21 beta and v20 both appear to have a bug that keeps me from adding a folder called "cmake" that contains a bunch of files with ".cmake" extensions (eg, FindPython.cmake). After adding the folder via Project properties my project's vpj file has the following:

Code: [Select]
            <Folder Name="cmake">
                <F
                    N="../trunk/cmake/*"
                    Recurse="0"
                    Excludes=".svn/"/>
            </Folder>

Which is correct. Under v20 doing a "refresh" of the project would, sometimes, get the files to a appear. However, with v21 hitting does nothing but collapse the directory view of my project tool window (this collapsing behavior looks like another bug - under v20 the state of my project window is preserved after refresh). Attached is a screen capture of my project window.

Renaming the folder (eg, "xxx") and changing the extension of the files (eg, from ".cmake" to ".zzz") has no effect.

Regards,
Iker

IkerAriz

Re: bug - adding wildcard folder to project but files ignored
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 08:06:25 PM »
Following up...

My project also had recursive wildcard that was "active" starting at the parent directory. Ie:

Code: [Select]
     <F
          N="../trunk/CMakeLists.txt*"
          Recurse="1"
          Excludes=".svn/"/>

Removing this wildcard allowed the example shown in my previous post to work as expected. As a workaround I can apply the "CMakeLists.txt" wildcard to each sub-directory, but it seems my original scheme should work.

Iker

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 08:11:48 PM »
Thanks for the report.  I do see a potential issue with wildcards in directory view from the info you reported.  Could you post the entire project (.vpj) file so I can see other files/wildcards? Don't need source files, just the project file to see if I can reproduce this issue.

IkerAriz

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 02:04:40 PM »
Sure. See attachment.

Iker

IkerAriz

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 09:39:59 PM »
Just downloaded beta 3 and both issues are resolved.

Thanks!

Iker