Author Topic: SlickEdit 2007 Linux Issue  (Read 4970 times)

steve

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
SlickEdit 2007 Linux Issue
« on: April 03, 2007, 01:37:55 PM »
When I'm running SlickEdit under RedHat 4.4 I have to following things happen. Some times they appear connected.

1) The search and sometime the build window get "stuck", non-responsive, hung, not sure exactly what.

2) A tcsh session get started and each 100% cpu  and does not appear to be doing anything. If I exit SlickEdit then the shell continues without a parent until I kill -9 the process.

3) The hide ability of th search, reference, output, preview, build, projects, defs, symbols, open appears to get stuck. I can temporarily remedy this by pointing at another tab and then back at an edit window and everything hides again but as soon as one of the tabs is given focus it is stuck again.

Don't know if they are related, though they appear to happen in conjunction with each other.

Any ideas? Or should I just kill my .slickedit directory and start from scratch?

Thanks
steve

Kohei

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 25
Re: SlickEdit 2007 Linux Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 03:46:31 PM »
>When I'm running SlickEdit under RedHat 4.4

RedHat 4.4 !?  Isn't that a little ..... dated?  ;-)

I remember I was messing around with Red Hat 4.2 back in 1997.  It was still known as the Turbo Linux Red Hat Edition 4.2.

Sorry, you just got me curious. ;-)

Kohei

steve

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 06:18:07 PM »
Yes it is dated. No disagreement there.
The company I work for is a little conservative about stepping up to current releases.
Oh an that is AS 4.4 not that it is exactly new ;)

Kohei

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 25
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 06:37:35 PM »
>Oh an that is AS 4.4

Ah, my mistake. ;)  You have the Enterprise version of RedHat.  I was thinking of a non-Enterprise one.

Kohei