Author Topic: New git repo browser issues  (Read 3038 times)

b

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 26
New git repo browser issues
« on: August 10, 2016, 08:41:22 PM »
First, I'm thrilled that you have added work for browsing git repos.   However, I did run into a couple view issues.

#1 Typically double clicking on a column bar will auto size the column to the maximum use.  In this case, I clicked on the bar between the graph and description to have it resize.  It actually shrank in size and caused overlap.

#2 While scrolling back through the history, the graph suddenly is non-existent.

Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS (x86_64)
SE 21 beta2

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 153
Re: New git repo browser issues
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 01:04:51 AM »
I've fixed the problem with the graph peeking through the text for beta 3.

The double clicking issue I hadn't seen before.  I'm not sure I'll be able to get that for beta 4.

Is the scrolling issue constant, or occasional?  I'm not seeing this one, I may have to try it on Ubuntu.

b

• Hero Points: 26
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 04:15:07 PM »
Is the scrolling issue constant, or occasional?  I'm not seeing this one, I may have to try it on Ubuntu.

I can reproduce it on whim.  I'm also seeing where when I exit the repro viewer it will usually throw a Slick-C Error of Invalid argument.  (Only item that shows in the Slick-C Stack is " Invalid argument")

Okay, after some experimenting I may have seen an interesting correlation.  First, my repo has several hundred commits with 30 or so local branches (over 60 remote).   Thus, it appears that SE loads about ~160 commits at a time.  When you scroll down and reach the end of these commits, SE then will load the next batch and refresh the commits and the graph.  Thus, for my repo, it will need to refresh 4-5 times to pull in the entire tree.

*If* I press and hold down the PgDn so that it constantly scrolls down to the earlier commits such that the display always stays close to the time of the refresh (which takes a couple of seconds for SE to load/parse), it *will* successfully make it to the Initial commit with the properly drawn graph.

*If* I scroll down to the first refresh and then pause, I can watch the scroll bar on the right shrink/adjust for each time SE refreshes in the background.  If I then scroll down, I will *always* find a point where the graph just stops.  Moreover, when this occurs, a Slick-C stack will frequently occur with the "Invalid Argument" popup/stack.

Exiting and restarting SE has no affect on the testing.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 153
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 04:24:13 PM »
The Slick-C error when you close is fixed for beta 3.

It loads commits 100 at a time (just FYI).

I wonder if it's having trouble with the last batch of commits.  I'll test this.  Thanks for the report.