Author Topic: Error Parsing causes odd and unrelated error  (Read 3683 times)

kfms

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Error Parsing causes odd and unrelated error
« on: April 03, 2007, 03:41:48 pm »
Hi all,

I know there's been many threads discussing the issue of the error markers not showing up, so that's not exactly what this is about. I read in a thread somewhere that calling "set-error-markers" would do it, and it did. But I wanted that done automaticaly.  So i created a new build tool (Set Markers) which ran that command. That also worked (no surprises) then I went to my build command and set the Advanced->Call Other Tool to call the "Set markers" tool that I had just created.

My current build tool is quite simple. It calls c:/plink.exe user@host -pw password "cd my/code && make" from the command line. It has Capture output and output to build window ticked. The only 2 tools I have (or need) are Build and Set Markers.

If I run build without calling "set markers" after it it works fine. But if i have the call other tool point to it I get this:

echo VSLICKERRORPATH="Z:\sdk"
"C:\Program Files\SlickEdit 2007\win\vsbuild" build -b Z:\sdk\skd.cpp Z:\sdk\sdk.vpw Z:\sdk\sdk.vpj -signal 9009
VSLICKERRORPATH="Z:\sdk"

Z:\sdk>Command 'compile' not defined in project file 'Z:\sdk\sdk.vpj'

Z:\sdk>

Any idea why? Or how to fix it? Or am I making a novice mistake :)

Thanks
Kieran
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 10:33:07 am by kfms »

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: Error Parsing causes odd and unrelated error
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 09:54:14 pm »
One workaround you may able to get the error-markers working by setting your build tool option to use Verbose output (or beep on completion would work too), that should enable the error-marker parse automatically.  I'm not sure that the macro command is not being correctly handled with the  Call Other Tool option, I will have to investigate it further, it could be a limitation in the design.

We are also looking to just make to an option future versions, so that you would be able to just check a setting whether to run the error-marker processing after a build event.

kfms

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 09:51:32 am »
Hi
I tried that and it doesn't work. In fact if I try to change ANY setting, it stops my build from working giving the same (or similar) error:
Code: [Select]
echo VSLICKERRORPATH="Z:\sdk"
VSLICKERRORPATH="Z:\sdk"

Z:\sdk>"C:\Program Files\SlickEdit 2007 Trial\win\vsbuild" build -b Z:\sdk\skd.cpp Z:\sdk\sdk.vpw Z:\sdk\sdk.vpj -signal 9009
Command 'compile' not defined in project file 'Z:\sdk\sdk.vpj'

Z:\sdk>

It works fine as long as I don't tick Command is Slick-C macro, Verbose Output,Beep on completion, and don't add pre or post build commands, set any environment variables or calls any other tools.

Surely that can't be right?

Thanks
Kieran

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 01:09:19 pm »
Could you post just the SlickEdit project file (.vpj) file here or maybe send it to support@slickedit.com so I could examine it, I don't need all the files, just the project file.  I've tried to re-create what you say you have, but I'm getting different results.