Author Topic: Project file with no path  (Read 2326 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 210
  • Text
Project file with no path
« on: July 19, 2016, 09:39:58 PM »

I have a workspace with a number of projects.
Most projects use the workspace tag file.

Project X has its own tag file.
It is a wildcard project -- all *.XYZ files under the workspace root, recursive, "add as wildcard".

In list-buffers, project tab, I see 3 of the files in Project X listed with no path - empty.
When I try to open them, Slick complains that it can't find them in whatever the current directory is.

When I look at ProjectX.VTG from the TagFiles dialog, those three files have complete path information.
They are the 3 files which appear in the root of the workspace.

I think this may have to do with setting TagFileDir, but I don't know for sure. (When I removed tagfiledir from the workspace, it didn't fix the issue, nor did rebuilding the tag file)

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: Project file with no path
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 12:36:07 AM »
Hmm..so far no luck reproducing this. Can you create a small workspace with this issue? I was hoping if I changed the current directory to something different than the workspace, that SlickEdit wouldn't find my wildcard files (with no path) but it seems to work fine. There's some other trick to this bug.

This shouldn't have anything to do with the TagFileDir. I'd be surprised if it did. The data in the project tab is pulled from a cache and/or the project xml and not the .vtg file.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 210
  • Text
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 01:13:29 AM »
Update...
"Show Relative Paths" is why in the "Project" tab the path is empty. (as I commented before - I think show relative paths should show what the paths are relative to).

When I turn that off, then those 3 files in "Project" have paths.

The only place I get the file-not-found issue is SmartOpen, for files in the root of the workspace, and only when ShowRelativePaths is enabled in smart open and when the current directory is deep in the tree somewhere.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 01:18:37 AM »
Ah..not a problem with the Files tool window.

I reproduced this problem using the Open tool window.

We will look into this.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 03:15:52 AM »
Fixed in beta 3