Author Topic: Visual Studio Projects and Project Variables  (Read 6086 times)

greggman

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 14
Visual Studio Projects and Project Variables
« on: April 03, 2007, 06:49:56 PM »
our project has references to files in the format "$(IntDir)/somefolder/somefile.cpp". Visual Studio loads these just fine but slickedit doesn't.

I found a thread here on the forum where there's a hotfix for referencing environment variables in a project but I'm just guessing maybe it doesn't work with non-environment visual studio only variables?

"IntDir" in particular is Target dependent meaning if the target is "Debug" it will generally be defined as "Debug" where as if the folder is "Release" it will be defined as release. It can also be specificially set per target inside Visual Studio.

Is there a solution for those variables as well?

The list of Visual Studio defined variables is here

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/c02as0cs(VS.71).aspx

I suspect slickedit probably already supports some of them? Maybe it's just IntDir that's not working?

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 44
Re: Visual Studio Projects and Project Variables
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 07:55:45 PM »
The specific fix you heard/saw reference to earlier had to do with specifying environment variables as options in commandline switches, like an /INCLUDE or /LIB directory, eg /I:"$(LatestWinSDK)\include".
The use of env vars (or Visual Studio vars) to specify file paths is not currently implemented in our Visual Studio project support. It was reported to support recently, so we do have it in our bug track system.