Author Topic: b3 Diffzilla dialogue doesn't handle <tab>/<arrow> very well  (Read 2369 times)

b

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 26
b3 Diffzilla dialogue doesn't handle <tab>/<arrow> very well
« on: August 22, 2016, 10:20:32 PM »
I was getting ready to try and report a separate bug with Diffzilla, but just to be helpful I went to use it via SE (just to save being asked).   However, I was further frustrated with this issue.

Going to Path1, it shows my history of previous entries.   I was trying to enter my first file.  The entry was:

/home/bjkurlex/ast_sdk.v00.03.21/bootloader/u-boot-2013.01/include/configs/ast-g5.h

Deleting everything to /home/bjkurlex/ast_sdk.v00.03.21/ and then typing "ker" the drop down immediately offers the two paths /home/bjkurlex/ast_sdk.v00.03.21/kernel and /home/bjkurlex/ast_sdk.v00.03.21/kernel.config.  If I hit the <tab> hoping for auto-completion, the matches go away and it does nothing (leaving me with the partially typed /home/bjkurlex/ast_sdk.v00.03.21/ker).  Moreover, if I type another letter (so now it is .../kern), I get the pop up again, but if I press the down arrow the entire path changes to the next entry in the history!  This is not cool.   

I would presume that tab expansion would fill in as much as would match that was offered, but even if it didn't, when the pop up (or drop down) list of matches are offered and pressing an up or down key I would presume it move between the offered matches.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: b3 Diffzilla dialogue doesn't handle <tab>/<arrow> very well
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 10:36:42 PM »
Tab doesn't do completion except for the SlickEdit command line and the .process buffer.

If this was changed for dialogs, it definitely could not be the default. I might use it though ;D

When I press down arrow, it selects the first item, not the second. Initially when the completion list comes up, nothing is selected.

b

• Hero Points: 26
Re: b3 Diffzilla dialogue doesn't handle <tab>/<arrow> very well
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 10:56:55 PM »
*sigh*   Now it is behaving as expected with the arrow keys.   Not sure how to reproduce it again.