Author Topic: b4 - Organize All Workspaces  (Read 1047 times)

Tim Kemp

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 90
b4 - Organize All Workspaces
« on: August 31, 2016, 06:25:54 pm »
1) I bring up the Organize All Workspaces dialog and click tword the right end of one of the workspace lines. The contents of the list box shifts to the left and you can't see the workspace names anymore. Making the dialog wide and then shrinking it back down again temporarily fixes the problem.

2) Make the Organize All Workspaces dialog really wide and then switch to one of the workspaces. The next time you open the Organize All Workspaces dialog, none if the project names are visible.

It looks like they are gone forever. I closed SE and reopened it and they are still gone.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 410
Re: b4 - Organize All Workspaces
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 08:26:05 pm »
Problem #2 has been fixed. Posted about it here https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,13773.0.html

The first problem has to do with how Qt handles columns. For me, if I click in the first column it scrolls things back.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:56:42 pm by Clark »

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 180
  • Text
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 11:21:12 pm »
This inclination for listboxes to scroll right is a real PITA.

I experimented a little with a fix -- what you need to do in the listbox code is when there is a click on the 2nd or higher column, select the first column.
In TBFileList.e, this is what I did (I copied the selection code from someplace else, but I forget where).

Code: [Select]
void ctl_file_list.lbutton_up() // jporkka
{
   #ifdef JPORKKA
    if (true) {
        int index=_TreeCurIndex();
        if (index<0) {
           return;
        }
        int sib = _TreeGetNextSiblingIndex(index);
        if (sib >= 0) {
            _TreeDeselectAll();
           _TreeSetCurIndex(sib);
        }
        //{
        //    _TreeSetCurIndex(index + 1);
        //    _TreeSetCurIndex(index);
        //}
        _TreeSetCurIndex(index);
    }
    #else
    if (p_active_form.p_name == DOCUMENT_TAB_FORM) {
      open_selected_files();
    }
    #endif
}

This mostly works, but it caused some other problem (though I forget what at the moment).
I guess you don't really want to change the selection (this will prevent multi-select), just where the caret is. I'm not sure if there is a _Tree*() api that will let me do that.

It would be great if there was a way to do this by default for all list boxen.

Tim Kemp

• Hero Points: 90
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 01:25:20 am »
Problem #2 has been fixed. Posted about it here https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,13773.0.html

The first problem has to do with how Qt handles columns. For me, if I click in the first column it scrolls things back.

I looked to see if this had been listed. Honest.  :-[ I didn't recognize that it was the same thing. Thanks for letting me know.