Author Topic: Occasional freeze on modified files prompts  (Read 2004 times)

link

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
Occasional freeze on modified files prompts
« on: August 11, 2016, 04:49:07 PM »
Everyone once in awhile, SlickEdit will pop up the prompt to reload modified files or save deleted ones, and it will immediately become unresponsive. The buttons on the dialog still react to mouse movement with changing hightlights, but the buttons don't react to being clicked.  If I close the dialog the main window doesn't respond to clicks or keypresses (although some elements still respond to mouseovers, like the dialog did). I'm forced to kill the process and restart to continue.  This is not new to the v21 betas, I've experienced it in v20 as well, but it continues to happen with Beta 2.  This is on the Linux x64 build.

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 517
Re: Occasional freeze on modified files prompts
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 05:54:44 PM »
The next time you get the freeze, attach with GDB and create a core, then send it into support.

link

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 06:02:57 PM »
I sent a dump to support awhile back, haven't heard anything back yet.  I can readily reproduce this with the following steps:

1) Set SlickEdit to use Emacs keybindings.
2) Open up a log file or some other file that is actively being written to disk.
3) Move window focus away from SlickEdit.
4) ALT+TAB back to SlickEdit, then immediately try to use a multisequence hot key (e.g.  CTRL+X CTRL+C)

If the Reload Buffer dialog pops up after CTRL+X but before CTRL+C, it seems to trigger the bug everytime.  I can still reproduce it in Beta 5.

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 517
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 06:08:27 PM »
I am working on it as we speak.  Easy to reproduce.  Finding the right fix, not so easy.  :-)