Author Topic: big-find initialization  (Read 872 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 177
  • Text
big-find initialization
« on: September 12, 2016, 06:33:35 pm »
With a fairly clean configuration...

Ctrl+F - opens minifind.
Ctrl+F again, gets to big-find.

In big find
    Enter a search string.
    Select match case and RegEx
    Set color to NotComment.
    FIND.

Ctrl+f Ctrl+f to get back to BigFind.
Note MatchCase and RegEx are unchecked.

Bug1: In Tools > Options > Editing > Search, I "Initialize with default options" is OFF - so it should be remembering the options.

If I change DefaultUI to ToolWindow, then the toolwindow remembers its options.

Bug2: "Initialize with default options": This setting seems to have no effect on mini-find.
I'm not sure that it makes sense to either, but then there is conflict about how to initialize big-find when mini-find is enabled.

Bug3: Mini-find is missing "Use default options" command.

Bug4: Set Default Options: Doesn't affect mini-find, and doesn't work in big find when mini-find is enabled (when "Initialize with default options" is on).

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: big-find initialization
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 02:14:16 pm »
When using the pass-thru keybinding command to go from the mini-find to tool window find, settings are passed along to from the mini-find to tool window.  We don't have any two-way synchronization of settings between the two forms, but we might look at doing something for a later release.

Initialize with default options/Use default options are currently tool window only.  We could add those in later release.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 177
  • Text
Re: big-find initialization
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 02:40:22 pm »
Yeah, but its makes for a poor experience and conflicting options.
If mini-find is enabled, then in options "initialize from default" should be disabled - since there isn't a way to directly invoke big find when mini find is enabled.
Maybe this option could be a three way switch: "Initialize from default / Initialize from Mini Find / Last settings"

Mostly I keep mini find disabled - old habits die hard - I'm really used to working with the full find dialog.