Author Topic: V21 issue with opening .NET solution  (Read 2858 times)

abushne

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
V21 issue with opening .NET solution
« on: September 13, 2016, 02:49:53 PM »
We have a largish Visual STudio 2015 solution with several projects that has lots of filters etc. setup.. When I open this solution in Visual Slickedit 2016 v21 the filters are not "honored" in the project view and all projects shown at the top level along side the "filters" tree..   See attached screen shot. 

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: V21 issue with opening .NET solution
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 03:19:01 PM »
I'm not sure I understand. Please post a small sample project that illustrates the problem. Then we can load it in Visual Studio and SlickEdit and see what's wrong.

Thanks

abushne

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 05:59:56 PM »
In Visual Studio when you setup a solution, you can create "solution" folders and have project displayed inside of those in the Studio  solution browser.. It appears that VSlick no longer recognizes those filters and when opening the same solution in Slick Edit the projects all appear outside of their "solution" folders.. I have attached a zip file that is a simple Studio 2015 solution that contains 1 single CSharp project and a solution folder created for the project.. In visual studio, the project correctly appears in that folder, but not in slickedit 21  prior versions of slickedit do work properly.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 06:49:59 PM »
Thanks for the report.  That needs to be fixed, in the meantime you can right-click in the Projects tool window and turn off "Show relative paths" option.  That option appears to be causing an issue with nested folders/projects with Visual Studio solutions.

abushne

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 04:26:45 PM »
Thank you, yes turning off that setting fixes the issue for me, in our large solution as well.