Author Topic: How do I launch a single file project without a workspace from the command line?  (Read 418 times)

b

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 9
There are times where I just want to launch SE on a file or two, but don't want it to load my last workspace, nor do I intend on creating a workspace.  Is this possible?   It appears from the documentation, that to do this you have to manually close the workspace and then open a file for single file projects.  I would think I could pass a parameter from the command line to launch SE that would start in this mode with the file(s) given.

vs -sc blah would work, but then I lose all of my general configuration settings I use.  I'm looking for something I can pass that says I don't want to load my last workspace, but I do want to open the files I requested.

I ask as I have not yet found a solution on the forum, nor in the online help and figure I must be missing it.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 242
vs -#workspace-close <filename>

The -# invocation is very useful for executing a command. Multiple commands may be executed.

b

• Hero Points: 9
vs -#workspace-close <filename>

The -# invocation is very useful for executing a command. Multiple commands may be executed.

Thanks!  That did what I wanted.