Author Topic: RC3 Mac SE non-responsive  (Read 2228 times)

rajkej

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 14
RC3 Mac SE non-responsive
« on: September 26, 2016, 03:10:05 PM »
I was having an issue with some tags on my RC3 MAC install. I decided to try to rebuild the tag file in case SE hadn't properly noticed the change in the .h file. So I brought up the Project->Retag project item but it is not allowing me to click on the Cancel or OK buttons. So then I tried to "Quit" and it brought up a "Save Configuration?" dialog and I can't click on it either. I can drag the dialog windows around but that's it. A second quit attempt brought up another dialog.

After force quitting SE and trying to retag, SE started working properly for the retag. Yet SE isn't properly navigating my data structure in the tag field. I'll file a separate issue for that.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 515
Re: RC3 Mac SE non-responsive
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 03:30:14 PM »
Are you saying that OK and Cancel were disabled or just non-responsive?

Did you save the crash report from when you forced SlickEdit to quit?

rajkej

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 03:33:02 PM »
OK and Cancel were non-responsive.

When I force quit SE I didn't get the normal dialog of stack traces. If there is a place to look for files on the MAC let me know and I'll look to see if they show up.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 515
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 04:02:33 PM »
Go to Applications > Utilities > Console

Under DIAGNOSTIC AND USAGE INFORMATION, select "User Diagnostic Reports"

I did find one hang since RC3 that I have already put in a fix for.  Your cases sounds like the sort of thing that could have triggered the same situation, assuming you have also tagged assembly language source in the Linux tree.

rajkej

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 04:04:41 PM »
The last report in that section was from 9/13/16 and the problem I described just happened today. I'll wait for RC4 and hope it is fixed then. I haven't reproduced the error again yet.