Author Topic: gui_find does not seem to honor default case and re settings  (Read 3914 times)

yakir

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
gui_find does not seem to honor default case and re settings
« on: September 28, 2016, 02:06:18 PM »
Starting gui_find always has case-insensitive and re on.
I tried changing with _search_case() but it did not change?
How can this be done?

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: gui_find does not seem to honor default case and re settings
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 02:52:13 PM »
Are you using the new Mini-find form?  There are toggle buttons for match case (Aa), whole word (W), and regular expression (.*) just beneath the search string textbox.  If they are enabled, they should be highlighted.  If you using command-line searches, then you can change default search settings in Tools > Options > Editing >Search > Default search options.

yakir

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 04:36:09 PM »
Thanks for the quick response.
Yes I am using the mini form. My problem is that when it is launched the settings for case and re do not reflect the values set by _search_case etc. which are supposed to set the default search case sensitivity.

If I could map the change case sensitivity within the mini form (Alt-C) to what I use in general editing this would help somewhat but I can't see how to do that.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 528
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 05:50:24 PM »
If I could map the change case sensitivity within the mini form (Alt-C) to what I use in general editing this would help somewhat but I can't see how to do that.

It's not designed for doing that.

We've got some ideas for v22 to keep one set of last search information that all the search methods use. It's definitely too late for a major change like this now.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 210
  • Text
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 06:05:13 PM »
gui_find checks your options and either opens mini-find or big find.

The function tool_gui_find will always bring up big-find, while mini_gui_find will always open mini-find.
You can map Ctrl+F to tool_gui_find, and something else to mini_gui_find.

Then if you know you want big find you can access it directly without going thru minifind and you will avoid the default options problem.

Same for gui_replace: replace with tool_gui_replace and mini_gui_replace.

Mini-find might be nice, but I'm so used to big-find that I hate the disruption of always jumping thru mini-find - so this lets me intentionally use mini-find when I want, but it otherwise stays out of the way.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 528
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 06:53:03 PM »

It's not designed for doing that.

We've got some ideas for v22 to keep one set of last search information that all the search methods use. It's definitely too late for a major change like this now.

The changes we have in mind for v22 for having one set of last search information won't effect the search_case command since it is only supposed to change the default and not the last search case that was used.