Author Topic: Why the tab in my slickEditor 2007 don't push the words in the file ?  (Read 1561 times)

buddha87

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
I just install slickEditor 2007 (SlickEdit Version 12.0.3.0, Version: 6.02.9200). I found a weird problem that when I type tab key, the cursor doesn't push the words in the line, instead of the cursor go thru the words. How should I fix it to make the tab working as normal which will push the words in the line based on tab size?

Thanks in advance.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 322
Re: Why the tab in my slickEditor 2007 don't push the words in the file ?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 12:31:13 am »
I just install slickEditor 2007 (SlickEdit Version 12.0.3.0, Version: 6.02.9200). I found a weird problem that when I type tab key, the cursor doesn't push the words in the line, instead of the cursor go thru the words. How should I fix it to make the tab working as normal which will push the words in the line based on tab size?

Thanks in advance.

I don't understand what the problem is.  Can you give a specific example that shows what the line looks like before and after and where the cursor is and what you expected to happen.

Tim Kemp

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 91
Re: Why the tab in my slickEditor 2007 don't push the words in the file ?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 05:05:59 pm »
It sounds like you want the tab key to always indent. This option is settable by language or for all languages. I highlighted the setting in yellow on the attached picture.