Author Topic: Cannot open project file with Files tab, Project tab OK. (v21.0.0.12 64-bit)  (Read 3555 times)

JimmieC

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 16
When I try to open a project file from the Files tab, I got the error: "Path not found".

However, I can open it from the Project tab OK. I have both docked on the left side of the screen.

I have attached screen shots.

In the screen shot with the error, I copied the error and pasted it under the title bar to save space. It actually presented itself in the lower-right corner.

I have also included a screen shot of my tab layout docked on the left side.

Jim

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 111
I haven't figured out how to reproduce this yet. I assumed at first it could have been a problem with relative paths, and the current directory, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

For you, does that happen for every project file you open from the Files tab, or just some of the project files, or files just in a certain directory?  Does the path in the error message look right for that file?

JimmieC

It happens to all the files in "that" project. I am in the middle of something and will try another project soon.

The path is OK. You will notice that the path in the SE title bar (of the screen shot) is the same as the error. The file is actually open in SE because I opened it with the Project Tab after the Files Tab failed.

Jim

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 429
Does this still happen if you turn off to show relative paths?  Is this a Visual Studio solution, or a SlickEdit workspace?

JimmieC

With relative paths off, the issue still exists.

This is an SE project for TI MSP430 micro-controller.

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
Think you could zip up the whole project tree and send it in so we could try to reproduce the problem?  You could obfuscate all the source files by replacing them with empty files.

Also, what platform are you on?  If Linux, could there be a case-sensitivity issue here (file in different case in project vs on disk)?

JimmieC

Dennis,

Could I just send you the output of the dir /s command?
Maybe you can whip up script to create the empty files and folders from that? I do embedded programming so you could likely do that quicker.

I can send in the pertinent SE files (vpw, vpj, etc.).

Will that work for you?

I am on Windows 7 64-bit.

Jim

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
Sure.  dir /s /b would be better.

JimmieC

I have one project that works and two that don't.

I sent you a PM however, I could not attach files. There is no option to attach files on PM, at least when initiating from the outside. Maybe you can enable attachments with a reply (some sort of anti-spam implementation)?

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 409
Dennis, the support uploads to inbound are working again.

JimmieC

I still see no way to attach files to PM?
Jim

SlickEdit Support

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 26
Sent you a PM with upload info JimmieC.

SlickEdit Support

JimmieC

Uploaded to "14216".

I sent a single text file first. You can delete it because then I sent a .zip file all 5 files in it.

Regards,
Jim

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 409
There's too much missing from what you uploaded.

Please upload the 3 .vpj files that are referenced in the .vpw file you uploaded. Hopefully, that will be enough for us to identify where your workspace/projects/files are located relative to each other.

Thanks

JimmieC

Clark,

My apologies, I uploaded the WRONG .vpw & .vpj files. The workspace that is giving me this "file open issue" only has ONE project in the workspace. I have uploaded the correct files now.

Regards,
Jim