Author Topic: Visual Basic 6 support  (Read 755 times)

Brandon SE

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Visual Basic 6 support
« on: September 17, 2009, 10:12:25 pm »
Visual Basic 6.0 support. Vb6 remains a widely used programming language today and it would be nice to design and edit VB6 projects, not just .NET projects.

ebeffel

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Visual Basic 6 support
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 03:25:39 pm »
Office VBA editing and beautify: Office VBA is a distinct market from VB Studio or VBScript because of differences in the framework. Some of the syntax is different. I’ve found that the VBScript Beautify option, applied to VBA code, sometimes introduces compiler errors to code that previously compiled without error. The differences are probably minor, but a separate VBA option would be great to have, especially one with a Beautify tool.

Office VBA is a wide open market. Over the last six months, I’ve searched using Google three times looking for a code editor adapted to Office VBA. I’ve gone through the first 10 pages of results and found nothing more current than about 2008.

The Office VBA market will grow with Office 365 / 2016, because the VBA development environment is much worse than in prior versions. There has been much posted about the problems with VBA development in Office 365.