Author Topic: More support for Ruby and debugging  (Read 2006 times)

Taapie

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
More support for Ruby and debugging
« on: July 04, 2009, 08:16:28 PM »
I would love to see more support for Ruby.

Adding the unit testing to the 'unit testing' view and making it possible to do debugging within SlickEdit of the ruby code (instead of using the command line debug possibility of ruby).

magpie

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 5
Re: More support for Ruby and debugging
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 12:27:46 PM »
1) Native Mac Support
2) Complete support for interactive apps in the build window eg. command line debuggers
3) Proper Ruby Support
4) A new generation rewrite, with a more modern scripting language and tighter integration with the command line/build window.
It could blow away those slow, bloated Java-based IDEs.

smtwitchell

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: More support for Ruby and debugging
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 08:42:03 PM »
1) .NET frameworks are installed in a well known location (%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework).  It would be fantastic if SE could automatically tag all the framework versions on the machine and then apply the right tag files to .NET projects based on the target CLR version.
2) Better WPF/XAML/C# integration - completion lists in XAML
3) Support for .NET 4.0, C# 4.0
4) Graphical XAML previewer - I don't like the designer in VS, so I write all my XAML by hand anyway.  It would be fantastic to get immediate visual feedback on my XAML in SE.
5) Better Ruby support, built-in debugger support
6) Create/modify C# projects in SE
7) Built-in support for common build systems like Ant, Nant, and msbuild.  It would be pretty cool to be able to tell SE to create a "C# (msbuild)" project, add files to it in SE, and then be able to open the .csproj files in VS for debugging purposes.
8) Ability to open VC++ 2010 .vcxproj project files
9) Take better advantage of multi-processor systems.  Do more parsing/indexing in the background so the editor can be more responsive to typing.