Author Topic: Ability to open workspaces/projects over FTP/SFTP  (Read 2787 times)

asandler

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
Ability to open workspaces/projects over FTP/SFTP
« on: August 21, 2009, 11:21:39 AM »
One more thing that I would love to see is being able to open workspaces/projects over FTP/SFTP.

Alex.

Tree

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
Remote build over SSH
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 12:39:50 PM »
@ingo I had a good experience with remote compilation from windows->Sun using an ssh command for the compile step a while back. I had to set up passwordless login, but after that it worked very well.

Local project file, remote source files over samba.
Tagging was a bit slower, but compiles were much faster in that case.

chuck97224

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Re: Ability to open workspaces/projects over FTP/SFTP
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 07:01:24 PM »
Please add support for FTPS (implicit security).  Note this is not the same as SFTP.   I need this to upload/download code remote machines that can only be accessed via FTPS.  Also so I'd like SFTP support for diffzilla.

smartin

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
Re: Ability to open workspaces/projects over FTP/SFTP
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 01:47:15 PM »
Remote projects. Most of the bits are in place, but it will take a lot of work to get it running properly. It requires a change in access paradigm. I would suggest something like:

1.- All OS commands are dispatched via a command line: cmd (local/win32), bash/ash/sh/tsh/tcsh/etc (local/*nix), ssh/telnet(remote)

2.- All file commands are dispatched via a file connection: native for local connections, ftp/sftp/scp for remote connections.

The rest of the functionality kind of just works on top of that. Simple ;D.

MichaelBrenden

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: -1
Re: Remote build over SSH
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 01:46:33 AM »
1. ability to add projects without instant file tagging requirement.  tiny packet problem over wan to distant host makes adding large projects time prohibitive...as in hours to complete a simple project add when distant project contains thousands of source files.

2. ability to add projects without having to retag all alpha-previous projects.  this compounds #1 making it impossible to work with large remote code bases.  IM POSS IBLE