Author Topic: Maven support  (Read 6100 times)

pcraker

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Maven support
« on: August 25, 2009, 03:10:48 AM »
What are the plans to add Maven to SE? Where I work they use Maven with Eclipse and I would like to use Maven with SE. What are the plans?

GregKrasnow

• Community Member
Re: Maven support
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 10:48:22 PM »
Maven Project Support:
  Point to a maven pom.xml, read in all files automatically in src/java, test/java, resources, etc. 
  Option to tag libraries listed in the pom file dependencies
  Option for Build w/Maven

Import Eclipse code formatting/code templates

Java debugging can be a little wonky at times (e.g. breakpoints not always getting correctly set)

Multiple workspaces
  quick way to switch between different workspaces for large enterprise applications which may have mutiple sub-projects.

rod_gomz

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 06:13:10 PM »
Maven support, i.e. read project, compile, debug.

Glajan

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 7
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 10:31:14 PM »

doncl

• Junior Community Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 11:43:20 PM »
I'd like to see support for Maven projects.  It'd be great to be able to open a pom.xml, and have a VS Workspace created, automatically tagging all the files. 

kishkani

• Junior Community Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 02:12:05 AM »
Dear Slickedit,
Being an ardent user of slickedit (ofcourse still on 10.0) as its expensive to buy in growth markets. Each year I evaluate the updated trial version and park it upgrade for the future.
The feature I am look at is
- support for the newly emerging Dynamic scripting languages. I see scala,Go isn't supported yet. It would be nice to add it.
- Gearing up for the cloud era, PaaS providers have unique way of creating projects using command line. Ability to create projects with PaaS providers, and intergration of code to GitHub.
- Ruby on rails is very popular and has lot of traction in community. As a developer I need ability create a ruby on rails project.
- I am not sure if maven support is provided for Java in the current version. I have seen Ant in slickedit 10.0. If not that would a good one.
- Import and export from other popular IDE's like eclipse, netbeans (This isn't a high priority thing though), as you can always create a new project.
- Finally a humble request making it cheaper in growth markets (I live in india). :)
Some of the features are going into the IDE world, but those are my thoughts.

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 03:45:31 PM »
I like to use one workspace and have many projects in my workspace.

But I have an issue when one of these projects is a Maven project or Visual Studio project.

I'd like to be able to insert Maven and/or Visual Studio projects into my workspace alongside nominal Slickedit projects.

Because of this limitation, I now need to run slickedit with the +new command to use multiple projects of different types simultaneously.  This gets confusing for me to have 2 different SE windows.  Also, one of these SE instances is not able to update the configuration.

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 03:16:55 PM »
I like to use one workspace and have many projects in my workspace.

But I have an issue when one of these projects is a Maven project or Visual Studio project.

I'd like to be able to insert Maven and/or Visual Studio projects into my workspace alongside nominal Slickedit projects.

Because of this limitation, I now need to run slickedit with the +new command to use multiple projects of different types simultaneously.  This gets confusing for me to have 2 different SE windows.  Also, one of these SE instances is not able to update the configuration.

I just found out that after creating a maven project in slickedit (open other workspace), a .vpj file is created and it is possible to insert this .vpj file into my workspace.  I'm very happy about this.

I'll have to try this with visual studio projects, but in the past SE would not let me insert the visual studio project into my workspace, but maybe that is changed now?