Author Topic: Copy path name, Group file create, FTP wildcards, project file rename  (Read 2048 times)

Randall Parker

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
1) Copy full current File Path. MS VS has this. You can get the current file's path into the paste buffer. Handy for lots of reasons. Also, copy just the file name or just the path without file name.

2) When creating a new file have a way to grab the path of the last file you had focus on. Usually you want to add a new file in the directory you are working on and not where the project was defined. I can have a project with multiple dirs. Navigating to each dir is a pain.

3) Group file create. I want to go into a dialog where I just type in a list of files and they all get created in the same dir and with the same encoding (e.g. HTML).

4) FTP wild cards to go fishing in directories on a server. The directories can hold more files than a listing of files will return.

5) Right click on a file in project file list and choose to change its name. The name change should happen for the copy in file buffer and the copy on the disk and as a file name in the project.

Wanderer

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 23
Re: Copy path name, Group file create, FTP wildcards, project file rename
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 04:02:01 AM »
Don't remember where I got this, but look at:
copyPathName()
copyFileName()
copyFileNameComplete()

See attachment.