Author Topic: Qt Designer  (Read 3396 times)

Robster

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Qt Designer
« on: September 14, 2009, 09:54:10 AM »
OK, I'll take the risk of being ridiculed: I'd really like to see Qt Designer integration. Qt Creator is nice, but it doesn't have the code analysis power of SE, and I'm just too used to SE to change now.

And while you're at it, you could integrate Qt Assistant as well! ;P

asandler

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
Re: Qt Designer
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 08:09:53 AM »
OK, I'll take the risk of being ridiculed: I'd really like to see Qt Designer integration. Qt Creator is nice, but it doesn't have the code analysis power of SE, and I'm just too used to SE to change now.

And while you're at it, you could integrate Qt Assistant as well! ;P
In that case why not throw in Visual Studio designer as well? I mean the component that does form designs in VS.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 08:28:03 AM by asandler »

ehab

• Hero Points: 15
  • coding with SE is like playing music
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 08:16:26 AM »

I am now exploring QT Creator http://qt.nokia.com/products/developer-tools hope SE dev's would look at also and maybe have some additions to feature list : ) thanks

ewendt

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 05:05:00 AM »
Is it possible to replace QT Creator with slickedit?   ???
I did not found that SE loads a *.pro project file.  :(

The advantage from QT Creator may be the knowledge about all the symbols, classes and functions in the QT Api, but I think, SE might learn this by tagging the API Header Files.  ;)

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 528
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 11:35:42 AM »
Is it possible to replace QT Creator with slickedit?   ???
I did not found that SE loads a *.pro project file.  :(

The advantage from QT Creator may be the knowledge about all the symbols, classes and functions in the QT Api, but I think, SE might learn this by tagging the API Header Files.  ;)

This is on our list. Too bad .pro files are so free form. Are there any docs for this stuff? Internally we do some non standard building for qt. it requires header files with Q_OBJECT classes to use a .qth extension. That way we can use standard make rules and don't need to use qt's build system. I wish Qt did this instead of rolling it's own thing.

mwb1100

• Hero Points: 13
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 05:47:09 PM »
Too bad .pro files are so free form. Are there any docs for this stuff?

http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qmake-manual.html

A work-around might be to use `qmake` to generate a VS project, then have SE import that:

Quote from: http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qmake-platform-notes.html
However, some developers may need to import an existing qmake project into Visual Studio. qmake is able to take a project file and create a Visual Studio project that contains all the necessary information required by the development environment. This is achieved by setting the qmake project template to either vcapp (for application projects) or vclib (for library projects).

This can also be set using a command line option, for example:

qmake -tp vc
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 05:58:01 PM by mwb1100 »

mwb1100

• Hero Points: 13
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 06:18:20 PM »
Of course, once I posted the above it dawned on me that the main purpose of `qmake` is to build standard makefiles, so instead of going through a .vcproj conversion, the better workaround might be to create a project by importing the makefile that qmake produces (particularly for non-Windows platforms).

I haven't tried this (I'm not working with Qt stuff at the moment), so I don't know if there are roadblocks that would prevent this from working well.

deuse

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 02:44:29 PM »
Please improve your support for the guys who have to work with Visual Studio AND slickedit simultaneously. IMHO the number of .NET developers grows rapidly and there is NO usable editor on the market. The VS text editor itself has great features but is a nightmare to work with. So this really could be a market for slick, either as a VS plugin or for working with both simultaneously. I'm doing the latter since years, but there are many things in slick which don't work as expected, e.g. support for tags from XAML files or .designer.cs files.