Author Topic: Ability to set multiple vertical line markers  (Read 3160 times)

miodragrozman

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Ability to set multiple vertical line markers
« on: November 25, 2009, 06:19:10 PM »
SlickEdit Users,

Do you love to answer survey questions? Enjoy giving thoughtful feedback in a positive manner? Then do we have the forum post for you. We would be very interested in what features and/or improvements you would like to see in SlickEdit? 

Who should respond? Everyone.  We want to hear from both long term SlickEdit users and those who are just starting out.

FAQ

1. Will my idea for a feature and/or improvement be used in SlickEdit?

Yes, no, and maybe.  We look forward to reading your ideas, and enjoy the feedback, but we can’t promise, nor commit to, future features and enhancements.

2. If I see a post for an idea I think is silly should I tell that person what a waste of time his/her post is?

No, nada, not!  Let’s all play nice in the sandbox.  A waste of time to one person might be the perfect feature for another.

3. I have great ideas, but don’t want to share them on the forum.  What should I do?

I completely understand.  It’s sometimes hard to share your ideas in a public forum. Email me at jjones@slickedit.com and I will make sure it gets to the right people.

Looking forward to hearing/seeing everyone’s ideas!

Jason

I would like to see a feature that has been available in Codewright for a long time: Ability to set multiple vertical markers that can be positioned dynamically (dragged) with mouse. I believe that there have been other users that expressed their interest in this feature as well. So, it shouldn't be that difficult to implement as the static vertical line could be already set through customization menu.

Also, on a different issue: I am currently using both Eclipse environment and Slickedit 2009. I would like to see the
option to purchase the Eclipse Core plugin as a bundle with Slickedit. This way I would not be forced to
go with annual lease model for a Slickedit Core. If the price of this option is sensibly set, it may have enough customers...

Regards,
Miodrag Rozman 

Scott R

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 5
Re: Ability to set multiple vertical line markers
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 08:07:50 PM »
I mentioned it during the 2010 beta, MULTIPLE VERTICAL LINES, great help working with indented code - as all code should be!

jimlangrunner

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 31
  • Jim Lang - always a student.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 02:35:17 PM »
While I'm at it - multiple configurable vertical lines, such as is available in CodeWright. I really do miss them.

Jim

Glajan

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 7
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 08:17:50 AM »
Visible Column aid feature in SlickEdit

Recently we have implemented a coding standard that a line of code may be max 80 chars. I want a vertical line in the editor window that I can easily set so I can see that I write within 80 chars (the amount would be an option). If I would cross the line nothing would happen but you would have a visual aid. I could not find anything in the SlickEdit 2011 manual about this so I assume this does not exist.

hs2

• Hero Points: 292
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 08:37:57 AM »
See Options>Appearance>Colors>Margins>Vertical Column Line. It's avaliable since SE2007 I think.
HS2

Glajan

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 7
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 08:40:34 AM »
See Options>Appearance>Colors>Margins>Vertical Column Line. It's avaliable since SE2007 I think.
HS2

Awesome. Thnx! It was under Options>Appearance>General>Vertical Line Column

How could i miss that?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:43:22 AM by Glajan »

jimlangrunner

• Hero Points: 31
  • Jim Lang - always a student.
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 10:10:42 AM »
I'm still looking for the ability to put multiple vertical lines on screen. (I _really_ miss that from CodeWright, though it's been 7 years.)